Monday, March 07, 2011

Live blogging Mason Lake



1:15 Here I am at the start of Mason #1. I decided to live blog this year so that all my team mates could follow the race. Is race blog reading the same as training?

1:20 Cole looks tired already. I am going to attack now and see if I can drop him. If he asks I'll tell him I was just warming up!

1:21 Well, looks like Cole is still here. Hey, were the hell is that Starbucks guy going???????

1:23 My top tube sure is pretty. I like how the pearl white shines in the Mason sun.

1:25 I better do something... I think the last time check was like 5 minutes to the SBUX guy. There's no way he can solo the whole race is there?

1:30 Why is Michelle riding stronger than me? Maybe I should just accept that I suck and... no wait.... that's my legs ... shut up legs!!!!!!!!!! MDYUWT%ER

1:35 I almost got across. If by almost I mean I was nowhere close to bridging that gap. Which I think is now at 10 minutes. There goes Cole. Woot Woot.

1:40 There goes Flynn. Or did he think there was a prime?

2:00 I think I'll ask the Starbucks guys to quit getting into the chase. That will take my mind off how lame the chase is. Gap up to 30 minutes.

2:02 Mental note: maybe I shouldn't use the phrase "deuche bag" "asshole" or "idiot" when talking to guys who've only been racing a year or so.

2:10 I think the Starbucks guy just lapped us.

2:20 Michelle at the front. I'll just pull through and then let Flynn go with Hill. Hill looks strong.

2:23 What the F&^%$ I can't see the field anymore and now Dave Hill is with me and he wants to go hard. I told Flynn to cover the moves. Just now. In my head. Cause this hurts already and we have like 45 miles left. No worries, we'll get caught.

2:50 I think David is trying to make me cry. It's working!!!!! You can stop now.

3:20 Where the helll is the field? I keep trying to slow down but David just pushes me. It was really sad when he got off his bike at the mini mart got some cookies, changed his socks and then came back up to me with only one foot clipped in. He said he was working on his pedal stroke.

3:30 OMG. He finally dropped me. Thank god. Now I can stop. Why are there unicorns on the side of the rode? Must stop and talk to the... no wait! That's my stupid legs again! Shut up legs!

3:35 Kid on the side of the road looks scared of me. Maybe I shouldn't mumble to myself?

3:36 The entire 1/2 team just came by and slapped my ass. Flattered. Maybe a little curious. But I just don't swing that way. Excelpt maybe for Jamie. Am I serious? Maybe. You'll never know.

3:40 Why have I lost feeling in my legs? Is that good?

3:41 Feelings back! Happier when it was gone.

3:50 I am so going to get caught on the line aren't I? Why do you hate me?

4:00 I made it? And Michelle won the field sprint! That's awesome! Should I make sure they know I am in the Masters and just got m*^%$#cking 3rd? Nah. Everyone was cheering me on and Douglas congratulated me at the line. Sure he's screwed up every single result I've ever gotten in his races but this one's a cake walk.


8:20 WTF????? 55th? In the 1/2's? I wasn't in the 1/2's? Oh well. I know the truth. And the truth will.... F&%$# cramp!

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 07, 2011 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Andrew F Martin said...

small field eh? probably better to just do the 1/2s at Dung then?

 
At Monday, March 07, 2011 6:08:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

I am pretty sure you'd be fine in either field.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home