Thursday, October 09, 2008

DOW 7000

Some may feel that I am being pushy here. After all, the DOW has already dropped nearly 1000 points today and currently sits at 8579. And that's pretty amazing.

But, this is America dammit and we don't settle for amazing. We want Heli-Amazing. So to all you investors, financial advisers etc out there I lay down this challenge. DOW 7000! You can do it! Just think of all those toxic assets on the balance sheets of our financial industry.

And if news that Paulson is heeding Krugman and DeLong's advise and opting for a Swedish-style recap is raising your hopes let me remind you he works for *W*. Quick recap:

9/11
Iraq
Katrina


Do we really think he is not going to find a way to make Teh Hela-Depression worse?

Think about it. And I promise that once it hits 7K I will begin my own PruDog plan to inject capital into the market. But remember, you want my fat stacks of cash you gotta gimme what I need here and don't play chicken with me cause I am real good at it.

2 Comments:

At Friday, October 10, 2008 7:47:00 AM, Blogger UltraMick said...

Not so long ago, I used to commute past a Volvo with a license plate that said DOW2000. It seemed to be wishful thinking for years; no way would it ever get that high. Maybe they still have that license plate--or maybe it's hanging over their stock broker's desk?

 
At Friday, October 10, 2008 8:47:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

Maybe he was just extremely prescient and is 6-upping me and predicting we'll get back down to that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home