Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Once Upon A Time

I rode Ramrod in 1998 at the request of Jan Hiene. I was actually fast back then and killed myself for him, sitting up around Paradise and riding in easy. Afterwards I found out I got 2nd in my age group. That hurt!

But what really hurts is finding out Saturday that Older Than Dirt, racing the Not Quite Old As Dirt age-group, beat me but about an hour. Ouch!

Of course, he had to drop his beloved wife to do it. Bastard!

The evidence of his cold hearted ways is here.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:45:00 PM, Blogger Brian said...

1989 on the tandem with my father... I was 14. Bitch of it was they didn't show me as the youngest finisher. Some little welp who was 15 finished it solo (which was me the next year) 9:11

 
At Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Jamie Stangeland said...

My friend Cameron who was 16 at the time put about half an hour into you as well.

 
At Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:37:00 AM, Blogger UltraMick said...

O.M.G. That list of names! So many are still connected with racing: Jeff Tedder, Curt Tiedeman, Jan Moss, Jim Teague...and the list goes on!

 
At Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:37:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

@stranglove: liar. you have no friends.

 
At Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

And I'm voting for Susan Hutchinson just to piss you off :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home