Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Once Upon A Time

I rode Ramrod in 1998 at the request of Jan Hiene. I was actually fast back then and killed myself for him, sitting up around Paradise and riding in easy. Afterwards I found out I got 2nd in my age group. That hurt!

But what really hurts is finding out Saturday that Older Than Dirt, racing the Not Quite Old As Dirt age-group, beat me but about an hour. Ouch!

Of course, he had to drop his beloved wife to do it. Bastard!

The evidence of his cold hearted ways is here.


At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:45:00 PM, Blogger Brian said...

1989 on the tandem with my father... I was 14. Bitch of it was they didn't show me as the youngest finisher. Some little welp who was 15 finished it solo (which was me the next year) 9:11

At Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Jamie Stangeland said...

My friend Cameron who was 16 at the time put about half an hour into you as well.

At Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Stoked said...

O.M.G. That list of names! So many are still connected with racing: Jeff Tedder, Curt Tiedeman, Jan Moss, Jim Teague...and the list goes on!

At Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:37:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

@stranglove: liar. you have no friends.

At Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

And I'm voting for Susan Hutchinson just to piss you off :-)


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home