Wednesday, April 08, 2009

More I told you so...

Once upon a time I was involved in renegotiating a lease in SF. I made the argument that rents would be dropping (this is before the bottomw fell out so I look really good now) and backed it up with statistical evidence.

In the end, I believe the decision was made to agree to a slight increase.

Turns out I was right and someone else was really really wrong. Now, given that rental prices have dropped by 25% that turns out to be a pretty hefty chunk of change.

And by the way, my real point isn't actually that I was right. It's that a lot of business leader types supposedly have these great gut instincts. I don't know, seems to me like those great gut instincts get consistently schooled by cold hard analysis of real data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home